rcalzadilla's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

Friday, July 26th, 2024 6:46 PM

New replacement TP-Link Router AX1800, AX21 router showing Inernet light Off

Re: TP-Link Router AX1800, AX21 aka AX21US V.4.6.

Internet connection via this router is working and my devices are connected to the internet but, the problem is that the router's Internet/Globe light is off and not green as it should be.

Have spent hours with TP-Link technicians, installed a different new router, and performed all basic tests several times, including the Ethernet cable moved from WAN to LAN, using different Cat5e cables, "Internet Port Negotiations Speed to 100Mbs Duplex", and nothing has made the green, Internet light work.

The conclusion by TP-Link techs is that the router is functioning as designed and has no problems, and I should contact Comcast/Xfinity support who might have to make connection adjustments. 

All information would be greatly appreciated.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

2 months ago

Good morning rcalzadilla

Did TP-Link ID some metric in the signal flow that was out of specification? Thank you very much for reaching out. Excited to help! 

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

2 months ago

The problem has not been solved.

I contacted Xfinity support via phone and was informed that because the devices (routers and modem) were over 4 years old they no longer have access to it. The TP-Link AX21 has now started to disconnect all my stationary wi-fi devices except for one laptop which is 8 feet away from the router. Resetting both of them hasn't fixed the issues. I am interested in this router and may order another since when, at first, it was connecting perfectly, The reviews of the AX21 convinced me that it is a great device and a brand that I trust.

My present 7-year-old router is a TP-lINK Archer 1900, C9 which has been very close to perfect. I have an old model Arris SB6190 modem which, I am told, may be contributing to the Internet light being off; therefore, I have ordered a Motorola SB8611. Before returning the AX21 I will test it with the new more up-to-date modem.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello rcalzadilla were you able to test the SB8611? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here