U

Saturday, July 20th, 2024 11:27 PM

New HP Envy laptop will not hold connection to home network

My new HP Envy Laptop (Windows 11) will not HOLD a connection to my home network using an XB8-T Gateway. Home network is visible in the list of WIFI networks and it will eventually connect but will drop the connection and popup a message "Not connected to the internet". All my other devices are fine (laptop, desktop, work laptop, TV, echo dots, mobile phone, etc). When I used my mobile phone as a hot spot, the HP Envy connected fine and I was able to get to the internet to update software but this did not resolve the issue. I’ve reset the network adapters, flushed DNS, ran all updates, and I’ve reset the network countless times. The only thing I have been able to determine with any certainty is when is connected, both ipv4 and ipv6 DNS servers will show in the network setup, but when it is "disconnected", only the ipv4 DNS servers show an IP, the ipv6 DNS servers are blank.

Any ideas?

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

3 months ago

Good evening and happy Monday @user_eyzuga, we hope you are having a wonderful start to your week and appreciate you taking the time to reach out on our Community Forums regarding the issues you are having connecting your new HP Envy laptop to your network. Rest assured, you've reached the right place to help. To confirm, have you tried restarting your laptop? If your laptop up to date? Have you tried forgetting the network and readding it by chance? We look forward to hearing back from you at your earliest convenience. 

4 Messages

Yes, as I stated above, I have accomplished all those things, including forgetting the network.

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

user_eyzuga, thanks for reconfirming that information for us. For troubleshooting purposes, are you able to directly connect the HP Envy Laptop to the modem with an Ethernet cable? If so, do you get a solid and steady connection when doing so? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

Newer laptops do not come with a standard ethernet port - you need an adapter for a physical ethernet connection. So, I guess I'll spring for one of those and let you know.

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

@user_eyzuga Swapping the modem for another XB8 may be a more cost-effective solution. I would be happy to continue troubleshooting this issue with you and/or ship you a new device.

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a direct message:

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon

2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)

4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here