jtabraham73's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Thursday, January 28th, 2021 11:00 PM

Closed

Network Security Key

I can't connect to my wifi on my computer because it asks for the network security key and I don't know how to find that. Where do you find the network security key on the xfinity wifi router? 

Accepted Solution

Problem Solver

• 

1.5K Messages

3 years ago

Welp.  If nobody changed it from the default key, it's usually printed on a bar code on the bottom of the router.

If somebody did change it, you're kind of out of luck until you talk to the person to changed it. 

You can factory default the router, and the key will revert back to the label on the router, but your parents will be really mad because their devices won't work and they won't know why.  Your call.......

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

3 years ago

@jtabraham73 wrote:

I can't connect to my wifi on my computer because it asks for the network security key and I don't know how to find that. Where do you find the network security key on the xfinity wifi router? 

Check out:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/view-change-wifi-password

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

We keep asking about the "Network Security Key" not user id and password. I do not understand. The device is not asking for Network User ID, it's asking for the Network Security Key.

Expert

• 

104.4K Messages

@lenorebenefield

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue. Thanks.  6 month old dead thread now being closed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here