U

Wednesday, January 24th, 2024 2:08 PM

Closed

Network Damage

My WiFi has been disconnecting and reconnecting for two days now. Xfinity as a company is one of the hardest to reach out to for customer service and the most difficult to get real answers from a real person. I use my wifi for work and school and have been put to a complete stop for two days. I’m beyond frustrated at this point and would like some type of actual explanation to the problem with my network or a swift and easy resolution like a professional company should offer. I’ve used xfinity for many years but this really seems like a last straw as far as continous poor communication problems, and terrible CUSTOMER service. 

Expert

• 

106K Messages

8 months ago

For a test, does a computer / device that is hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

With this test, we are trying to isolate this down to being either a WiFi-only problem or a problem with the general connection to the Comcast system which would of course affect both. It's a good first step in troubleshooting before proceeding any further. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

8 months ago

user_r3w9h8, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. We would be happy to assist you. If you are still having issues, please send us a DM with your name and full address by doing the following so we can take a closer look at your account. 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Expert

• 

106K Messages

8 months ago

@user_r3w9h8 

Have you had a chance to try that test ? Please reply right here in your topic on these public help forums, thank you. There is no need to go private yet.........

1 Message

2 months ago

There be no internet  since 10am this morning  get told it be back by 1pm then get told be back on by 8pm I pay for internet  so there for I want it to work telling people  there is a outage is not true should not be going with out net all [Edited: "Language"] day its redick and I'm not paying  full amount  next mo [Edited: "Language"] to the no I'm not paying  for stuff I didn't get ugh 

(edited)

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 months ago

@user_tjtdun 

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue. Thanks. The original poster has not returned. 6-month-old dead thread is now being closed.

For future reference, it is better to submit your own post as it creates a ticket to get help, and posting on someone else's older thread can delay getting help.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here