U

Thursday, September 5th, 2024 2:00 AM

Network Congestion - Western WA

I am currently having troubles with my home internet during peak hours. The lag spikes and their resolution are in a particular shape that I believe they may be caused by network congestion. We recently had a tech confirm that our coax splitters are removed, seals are waterproof, and Up and Down SNR and power are within expected norms so I can't fathom what else the issue could be. When charting with PingPlotter I can see local network destinations are resolved without issue.

Has anyone else in Western WA (Southeast Of Seattle) noticed this issue between 5-8pm? Any resolution from Comcast?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

10 days ago

Hello, @user_cjnfgd. Thanks for reaching our team on Forums regarding the network issues. I know the importance of making sure everything is working as expected. Are you experiencing this issue with multiple devices and are you using a VPN, standalone/personal router by chance?

2 Messages

@XfinityGabby​ I am using a personal router. No VPN though. We have confirmed signal to the street looks good. When I run pingPlotter I can see a specific data center that seems to be the origin of latency spikes and packet loss. Any advice, because this was fixed temporarily but now that I am back from a weekend away it has returned.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for reaching back out to us @user_cjnfgd! I appreciate you for clarifying you are not using a VPN and confirming this is on all devices. Are your devices experiencing slow or intermittent connections?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here