griha_amrut's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Sunday, January 24th, 2021 4:00 AM

Closed

Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Cable Modem Router compatible?

I had thought I'd checked compatible devices on Xfinity's website before ordering a router of my own, but I am now not see it in the list of compatible devices even though it says on the box it is compatible with Xfinity.

Is Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Wifi Cable Modem Router compatible with Xfinity internet?  I have 200 Mbps service.

If it is, how would I install and activate it with Xfinity so I can stop renting Xfinity modem $14 / month?  I wanted to have instructions and make sure it was compatible before I attempted and disrupted my service.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

To replace the gateway, you would need a modem and a router. The nighthawk is just a router, you still need a modem

Visitor

• 

1 Message

AC1900 has two (both modem AND router) in ONE.

Problem Solver

• 

511 Messages

4 years ago

Visit this page and click on the 'My Device Info' link (highlighted in blue).  It will tell you what third pary modems are compatible with your connection.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/list-of-approved-cable-modems

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

4 years ago

@griha_amrut wrote:

I had thought I'd checked compatible devices on Xfinity's website before ordering a router of my own, but I am now not see it in the list of compatible devices even though it says on the box it is compatible with Xfinity.

Is Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Wifi Cable Modem Router compatible with Xfinity internet?  I have 200 Mbps service.

If it is, how would I install and activate it with Xfinity so I can stop renting Xfinity modem $14 / month?  I wanted to have instructions and make sure it was compatible before I attempted and disrupted my service.

Is the exact model number of it either C6900 or C7000 ?

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

C7000

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

I feel completely stupid at this point.

I am looking at the Netgear  Nighthawk AC1900 Wifi Cable Modem Router box and it talks cable modem speed and says it has a built-in DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem.

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

4 years ago

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

@griha_amrut wrote: ... Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 ...

Unfortunately, Netgear makes a passel of devices that are sometimes referred to only as "Netgear Nighthawk AC1900". The actual model number is necessary to suss out which device is under discussion:

• Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Router (model R6900P)
  • Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Router (model R7000)
  • Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router (model C7000, 865 Mbps)
  • Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router with Voice (model C7100V, 864 Mbps)

There may be others!

The "WiFi Router" devices aren't approved by Comcast because they don't need to be. The "WiFi Cable Modem Router" devices listed are Comcast approved (see https://www.xfinity.com/support/devices ).

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here