R

Tuesday, August 13th, 2024 2:13 AM

Netgear CM3000 not getting the subscribed download speed..

I just upgraded to xfinity gigabit x2 and replaced my old motorola MB8611 to a Netgear CM3000. My issue is I'm not getting close to the 2gb speed my current speed is at 500+ mbps download and 350 upload. The modem is connected to an Asus GT-AXE11000 using the 2.5gb port. With that being said I should be at least close to 1gb wired. Even on wifi it doesn't reach more than 500mbps..

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 month ago

Good evening @RC_22 and thank you for reaching out to our dedicated Communities team on our Forums, we appreciate it! I hope you are having a wonderful week so far and our team will be happy to help troubleshoot your speed concerns, rest assured you're in the right place. I'm sorry to hear that you are not receiving close to your subscribed speeds and understand how frustrating that is. May I ask if you have tried testing on any other devices? Have you tried restarting your modem by chance?

I know you stated you recently upgraded, to confirm, have you worked with an agent yet to provision your modem to ensure it is provisioned correctly for your new speeds? We look forward to hearing back from you at your earliest convenience. 😀

4 Messages

Hello! I actually had a tech come out and check the line and connection I had my wife at home to accommodate since i was at work. According to the tech the line passed and he's seeing the subscribed speed with whatever handheld monitoring equipment he had. Came home today and it's still the same speed not even close to a 1gb speed. According to the xfinity approved modem the netgear cm3000 is approved for the next gen speed tier..

Official Employee

• 

475 Messages

Thanks for those additional details. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? We can check the modem to make sure it is configured correctly on our end.

To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

according to my wife the tech also tested the modem and he said he's getting the right speed but when i connect my PC directly to the modem im just getting 700-900 mbps download my mobo supports 2.5gb also. when i used to have the 1gb speed tier on a good day i can get 1200 mbps download speed no problem using my Motorola MB8611. i dont know what else to say.

(edited)

4 Messages

just an update. 2nd technician visit figure out what was the issue. it was the connection from the pole something about not getting the right signal. ill have to wait 2 to 3 days for somebody to come out and check/fix the connection and i hope that's the end of it.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here