laphendi's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, March 11th, 2020 11:00 AM

Closed

need 2 internet accounts in 1 apartment

Hi,

Could anyone please let me know if i can set up 2 internet accounts in 1 apartment? in other words, 2 separate modems working at the same time in 1 apartment with different account owners?

Thank you!

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

5 years ago

Many systems will not allow two modems to be used at one address. It's best to call in to see what the local policy is. Even if they do allow it you will need to pay for two accounts (twice what you are paying for HSI now). In addition, the signal levels/line quality has to be adequate enough to allow for the losses that are associated with the necessary additional cable split.

New Poster

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

Im not sure why you would need two seperate networks. 

What you COULD do instead is pay for one service but beef it up a little bit so its faster, and just put the comcast modem into bridge mode, which essentially make the piece just a passthrough for your internet service, and install two seperate routers. One for each network. 

It would be hard to have two modems in one spot as they typically only have one feed into the building for your specific room, meaning both comcast modems would be off of one feed and im sure you would have nothing but issues. 

Try my idea above about the seperate routers, and just split the bill. It will work.

Kyle

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

5 years ago

@KScheer wrote:

Im not sure why you would need two seperate networks. 

Ours is not to reason why. Smiley Wink Smiley Happy

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here