zuzu1's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Mon, Jan 4, 2021 5:00 AM

My last hope.

Hello guys, i hope i will be able to find my solution in here, because i tried everything humanly possibly can to fix the issue but no results, So few months ago i don't remember the exact date, i start having random ping spikes in games, first the biggest game i start noticing the ping spikes is cod modern warfare, ping spikes here and there, but the game was still playable, but after a while things start getting worse the whole game is unplayable, i start the game 5 min fine, and then ping spikes happens without stopping, i noticed too that the ping spikes are affecting other games as well, such as csgo, rainbow six siege, and cold war not as frequently as warzone, but they are happening. now for troubleshooting. i tried to switch my plan to gigabit plan that didn't fix it, i tried to get my own modem CM1150V netgear, i have a good router now, mikrotik rb4011 wireless version, the upload and download speed are good, but i can't have a good time playing online games, i even tried to reinstall windows that didn't do the trick either. my pc is hardwired, and i have a GE splitter coming from the main coax plug in the wall, one is going to a moca and the other is going to the modem. i need moca because my basement lacks wifi, so i had to put an AP unit there connected to a moca since i can't run cables through the house. i changed the splitters to main cable box to 2500mhz splitters for the moca since the signal was coming slow. but even before all these changes i still had the same issue. 

Responses

Gambit66

Problem Solver

• 

316 Messages

6 m ago

So you used to have good speed, Undo whatever you did before the problem started?

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

6 m ago

https://imgur.com/uqb8tZL pictures for the downstream Please someone help!

EG

Expert

• 

87.2K Messages

6 m ago

@zuzu1 wrote:

https://imgur.com/uqb8tZL pictures for the downstream Please someone help!

The downstream power is in spec. It is the upstream power that is a problem. With the way that the TCP protocol ACK (Acknowledgment packets) works, if the upstream has an impairment, it will slow the downstream speed.

That said. The upstream power is too high / out of spec and it may be intermittently fluctuating even farther out of spec. That can cause random disconnects, spontaneous re-booting of the modem, speed, packet loss, latency problems, and the un-bonding of channels.

In a self troubleshooting effort to try to obtain better connectivity / more wiggle room, check to see if there are there any excess/unneeded coax cable splitters in the line leading to the modem that can be eliminated/re-configured. Any splitters that remain should be high quality and cable rated for 5-1002 MHz, bi-directional, and no gold colored garbage types like GE, RadioShack, RCA, Philips, Leviton, Magnavox, and Rocketfish from big box stores like Home Depot, Lowes, Target, Wal-Mart etc. Splitters should be swapped with known to be good / new ones to test

If there aren't any unneeded splitters that can be eliminated and if your coax wiring setup can't be reconfigured so that there is a single two way splitter connected directly off of the drop from the street/pole with one port feeding the modem and the other port feeding the rest of the house/equipment with additional splits as needed, and you've checked all the wiring and fittings for integrity and tightness and refresh them by taking them apart then check for and clean off any corrosion / oxidation on the center wire and put them back together again, then perhaps it's best to book a tech visit to investigate and correct.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 m ago

I tried to eliminate any splitters that didn't help, and packet loss still insanely bad in games and ping spikes.

EG

Expert

• 

87.2K Messages

5 m ago

If there is nothing more that you can do to improve it then as stated, you'll need to get a tech out to investigate the problem.

Bear in mind that if the premises facing techs can not find or fix a problem at your home, it is they who are responsible for escalating it to their line / network / maintenance dept. techs. The problem may lie beyond your home in the local neighborhood infrastructure somewhere but it is their S.O.P. to start at the home.
Good luck !

New to the Community?

Start Here