U

Wednesday, May 22nd, 2024 6:06 PM

My internet service

My internet signal frequently drops.  I'll unplug and replug my router and gain full bars, only for it to lose connection a drop again twenty to thrirty minutes later.  This has been happening daily for over two weeks now.  Please help.

Expert

• 

104.1K Messages

24 days ago

For a test, does a computer / device that is hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

With this test, we are trying to isolate this down to being either a WiFi-only problem or a problem with the general connection to the Comcast system which would of course affect both. It's a good first step in troubleshooting before proceeding any further. 

Official Employee

• 

976 Messages

22 days ago

@user_hoxe08

I completely understand how frustrating it can be when your internet connection plays hide-and-seek.

This link https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/internet-connectivity-troubleshootin  It’s like having a superhero guide to internet troubleshooting.

If the issues persist and can’t be resolved remotely, the awesome Xfinity App will swoop in to save the day!

And fear not, because our trusty technician will be on their way to fix the issue.

Feel free to send us a direct message if you need any more assistance.

Please include your name, account holder name (if different), and the service address so we can get started. Myself or one of my awesome colleagues will respond as soon as possible.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Expert

• 

104.1K Messages

22 days ago

@user_hoxe08 

Have you had a chance to try that test ?

Expert

• 

104.1K Messages

22 days ago

@XfinityOrlandoM 

Check your link. It's broken.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here