U

Wednesday, October 18th, 2023 9:13 PM

My internet service is constantly going out.

Several months ago…the area south of Jackson, MI experienced several strong thunderstorms. The power went out for multiple days over the course of 2-3 months. Ever since these events…our internet service goes out at least once a week. I’ve reached a point of frustration with the Automated Assistant…I just want someone to talk to…but, EVERYTHING Xfinity does is automated. I wish there was another service provider in that area! Extremely disappointed. 

Expert

• 

101.6K Messages

2 months ago

First. When these outages occur are they being officially indicated here with any info about them ?;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/status 

Use a cell phone internet service, a public WiFi hotspot, or a neighbor's internet if you need to in order to check it.

Or you can use the Xfinity App: https://www.xfinity.com/apps 

6 Messages

The internet service’s disconnected twice last Sunday.

6 Messages

Out again!!!

give me a phone number to an actual person that will visit my location and resolve the problem 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_lwlxwh Hi there, let's fully review this for you and see what's going on. Please send us a direct message with your full name and service address. 

Here are the detailed steps to Direct Message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 months ago

Hey there @user_lwlxwh, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your internet connection. I work from home and I know how important it is to have a reliable connection! We would be happy to help with troubleshooting your connection. Are you having issues with your service when there is no reported service interruption?

6 Messages

I’ve restarted the router a dozen times. I keep getting error messages that say the internet speed is 20% of capacity (what I’m paying for). I think the hardware that Xfinity provided is damaged and/or not working properly 

6 Messages

1 month ago

No internet service again. Apparently I’m supposed to report the outage every time it happens. It’s been out twice today. This service is not reliable what so ever! 

1 Message

15 days ago

I am on cape cod. The internet goes out daily!! Not weather related. Constantly disconnects from my Samsung phone, which is a new phone. I have no issues when out of state using other internet providers. Comcast is truly the worst service ever! I cannot wait for the day when this monopoly ends and I can get a new service provider!!!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here