U

Friday, July 19th, 2024 7:55 PM

My Google Mesh Router doesn't connect to the Xfi Modem in Bridge Mode

I have put the Xfi Gateway in Bridge Mode via the admin page for the network and then I try and connect the google mesh router with the ethernet cable to port 1 on the gateway. When I go through the google home app prompts it still doesn't connect, even after multiple restarts and reboots... any suggestions?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

2 months ago

Thank you for reaching out and creating a new post. Besides the set-up issues with the Google Mesh router, I hope that the rest of your weekend has been great. I understand you ran into some obstacles during the setup. 

You did a great job using the Xfinity App to enable Bridge Mode. The app is an excellent tool to use when managing your network, and that is the correct thing to do. Kudos to you there. 

I wanted to ask some additional questions to help us narrow this down. 

1) In Bridge Mode, any port can be used, but only one device can be hardwired. Do you have any other devices connected to the Gateway?

2) Have you tested other ports to see if it happens to be only port 1 giving you trouble?

3) Have you checked with Google to see if they require a specific set up? For example, do they suggest you split the bands into 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz?

3 Messages

@XfinityVianney​ Thanks for getting back to me and I don't have anything else connected to the ports in the back of the gateway, other than the obvious coax cable for the internet. I have tried the other ports on the gateway with the same result, so it hasn't appeared to be a port issue. I haven't specifically checked with google about splitting the bands, I haven't seen any suggestions to that fact so I didn't switch to separate bands. Do you have any other suggestions?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

user_e3ucz1, Ah okay. Did you try enabling bridge mode using the steps in this link?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

@XfinityGabriel​ yes that is how I was enabling the bridge mode.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

user_e3ucz1, Thanks for letting me know. Are you open to switching to separate bands to see if you experience the same issue?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here