U

Thursday, September 19th, 2024 9:00 PM

my company's vpn connection keeps dropping.

I called Xfinity twice (why only twice? because each time is a long waiting after talking to a robot). The rep ran some tests and told me that I have high speed. I paid for it I know. When I asked him to turn on monitoring to ensure the stableness /reliability as my company IT suggested as high speed but unstable, means [Edited: "Language"] to remote working at home. I was told, "Yes, You will receive a link on your phone. You have to respond in a day, if the issue was resolved or we need to dispatch a tech. We will give you a follow up call.". He was right, I got a link for survey for satisfaction of his services.... I neither got the stableness monitoring report nor having someone call me.

Today, I connected with my company IT again... he made the comment about Xfinity causing VPN connection dropping. [Edited: "Inflammatory"] 

After my company IT did the remote connect to check everything on my laptop from VPN setup to hardware, software updates and drivers update, he ran ISP test and said, "as you can see, 99% its related to your ISP dropping a few network packets long enough for cisco to disconnect you."

I searched the forum and found tons of comments about ISP packets dropping... but see no response from Xfinity to successfully resolve the issue... Considering I pay high monthly fee for so-called Giga.

1 Message

16 days ago

Same issue, company IT also said xfinity was the issue as others are reporting the same problem.  I was on with 4 different "reps" for a total of 2hrs 23min.  The initial "rep" told me he is seeing packet drops from xfinity and that is why the VPN is dropping.  I am paying for 2000 Mbps and the test from the xfinity app states I am getting 118% of speed.  The next "rep" said the solution was to upgrade to xfi complete, $25 extra a month.  I asked to be transferred to retention to close account.  The retention rep transferred 2nd level support. The entire time I was on the phone with xfinity, the vpn dropped literally 27 times. Since this problem started with xfinity, I have connected using 4 different wifi networks (my at&t hot spot, my Verizon hotspot, and 2 different wifi networks tested at my IT office) and have not dropped VPN once.  The 2nd level support actually listened to my complaint and said the problem will be escalated and resolved and will receive a text message when resolved.  Fast forward 2 hrs later, received text stating "Our processes have completed and your Xfinity service should be restored.  Please reply Y to confirm that your service is restored or N to proceed to scheduling a technician visit."  No Surprise, the vpn continues to drop.  The only solution provided by xfinity is now to send a tech to the house.

Sorry Comcast. I need a provider with a stable network in order to work.  Customer since 2003.  Very disappointed with xfinity.  

I searched this forum and there are so many threads of this vpn drop issue, no solutions.  Xfinity knows this is an issue.  In a world where people work remotely and need a stable network, xfinity is failing their customers.  

I need to note that the actual internet never drops,  and all the devices (not on vpn) stay on the network.  The one device that MUST have connection is my work laptop using vpn.  If I cannot effectively work I need to go to a provider that actually cares.  Xfinity - this is a joke, resolve this problem.  

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

16 days ago

Thank you for joining the Xfinity Forum community and for providing your feedback, user_69df8u. It's important to us that you're able to get the most out of your Xfinity internet and our team would be happy to help. Please send a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forum's page.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here