U

Saturday, July 20th, 2024 9:46 PM

Multiple Internet Outages Per Day

I have been experiencing multiple internet outages per day for months. I thought this may have been caused by the personal modem/router set-up that I was using, so I switched to the Xfinity Gateway. This issue still persists with the Xfinity equipment. It is extremely frustrating to have a movie interrupted by a minimum of two disconnection instances. I have received absolutely no help from the AI chat and call centers and using them frankly seems like a waste of time at this point. The constant outages coupled with the fact that I have never attained the internet speeds that I pay for is extremely disappointing. If this issue persists, I will be looking at different ISP options. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

2 months ago

user_f7ws2b Thanks for posting on our community forums for assistance. I'm sorry to hear about the recurring interruptions. What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? Did you try rebooting your modem manually or through our Xfinity App? Checked the coaxial connection on both ends (wall plate and modem) to make sure is tight. 

2 Messages

I have checked the connections and I reset the modem 3-5 times per week. As noted earlier, the issue has occurred on more than one modem, and I have tried multiple coaxial cables. The issue occurs with both wired and wireless connections. During the disruptions, the Xfinity app shows that my internet is offline. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Thanks for checking that in advance, user_f7ws2b. Let's take a look at the signal here. Could you please send our team a Direct Message with your name and service address? Our team can take a further look at this issue.

To send a Direct Message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

105.7K Messages

2 months ago

@user_f7ws2b @XfinityDilary 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here