U

Wednesday, July 10th, 2024 11:47 PM

Move login (wifi name and password) from 3rd party to xifinity modem

Hi,

I am getting xifinity modem. Currently I am using Arris Surfboard. How can I transfer all login information (wifi name and password etc) to xifinity modem from Arris modem, so all my device stay connected without any manual setup?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 month ago

Thank you for choosing Xfinity, user_rws3uf! You can activate your Xfinity Gateway using the Xfinity app. The Xfinity app then takes you through the necessary steps to set up your gateway and to start receiving Xfinity Internet and/or Xfinity Voice service. Once your gateway is activated, you need to connect to your new WiFi network — choose to either automatically or manually connect the mobile device you’re using. Check out this article for complete details.

2 Messages

@XfinityThomasA​ thanks for the reply. I had checked that article before I post my question. I think I did not explain my question well. I was wondering is there any way, I can transfer all my settings including current wifi name(s) and password I am using with my current 3rd party (Arris) modem to the new xfi gateway.

But nevermind, I did setup it and when the process asked me to enter wifi name and password, I used (entered) my current wifi name and password. So all my current equipment/instruments are stay connected without reconnecting manually to new wifi. Unfortunately XFi do not offer GUEST (or more than one wifi name) wifi settings so some of my current equipment/instruments which are connected to other netwrok name need to manually connect to this new network name. 

Thanks

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_rws3uf - You'll have to set up your home network via your Xfinity Gateway manually. Using the same network name and password may help but some devices may require you to enter your network information once more. I hope this info helps!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here