jimfenton's profile

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

Thursday, October 22nd, 2020 8:00 PM

Closed

Motorola MT7711 and Bridge Mode

I'm going to re-ask a question that I think has been answered -- I see part of an answer when I search but when I click on it I get just the Community Forum page. Apparently it's in the "Internet Archive" forum that doesn't seem to exist. Some archive!

I just got a Motorola MT7711 to replace my Arris T25 modem that has been locking up from time to time (topic of a different forum post). The MT7711 is a bridge/router, but I can only put it in bridge mode (I have my own router) when the coax cable is not connected. If I put it in bridge mode, it reboots into routing mode when I connect the cable. Yes, I have turned off the WiFi (both frequency bands) first.

I'm getting the sense that Xfinity is forcing the MT7711 into routing mode -- the selection pulldown is disabled when the cable is connected. Do I need to return it and get something else if I need bridging? I'm running out of options -- not a lot of choices for 500 Mbit/s service with telephone.

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

I just got off the phone with Motorola tech support (after a very long time waiting on hold) and they confirmed that the Comcast/Xfinity forces the MT7711 into routing mode and won't let it operate in bridge mode. I guess that's one way of encouraging customers to lease their modems from them. Returning my MT7711 to the store and looking for another alternative (maybe Netgear?) for my unreliable Arris T25.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Thanks for this, I was looking for exactly this piece of information as I was about to drop some money for some Orbis. I guess I will be getting the CBK752 instead of RBK752 then and ditch the MT7711. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here