U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, April 21st, 2023 10:23 PM

Closed

Motorola mb8611

I just brought Motorola mb8611 modem, I do have 1200 Mbps plan but, when ever i check the at any time its only 250 - 300 Mbps, when i call the customer support, they say that there is nothing wrong in the intermet connection but couldn't resolve the issue. Recently i called them they asked to contact the motorola but no use. Now they suggested to get the xfinity modem for rent. Its still the same slow speed. After multiple calls they disabled the brdige mode on the xfinity modem and there was little improvement in the speed. Is there any way I could improve my speeds with the motorola modem. I getting frustated every day with slow speed and signal drops and disconnections, I work from home no matter what time i try its the same slow internet.

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

@user_87e372 Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. Sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with slow speeds. May I ask how you are testing the speed (what site, and are you hard-wired to the modem or connected wirelessly?) Also, have you done any troubleshooting and if so, what troubleshooting have you done?

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

11 months ago

I'm encountering a similar issue with my Xfinity internet. Despite subscribing to an 800Mbps plan, I'm only getting sporadic connectivity with speeds reaching up to 200Mbps.

An Xfinity technician has just visited and thoroughly checked my setup, confirming that everything seems fine. The only remaining solution they suggested is to replace the underground cable, even though it was replaced just 13 months ago when I upgraded to the 800Mbps plan.

To my surprise, when I consulted Xfinity's list of supported devices, I discovered that the MB8611 modem I'm currently using is no longer supported by Xfinity. I found this information in the following document: https://assets.xfinity.com/assets/dotcom/projects_2/my_device/Full-List-of-Compatible-Devices.pdf

Since May 2022, when I started the 800Mbps internet service, I was never informed that the subpar performance could be due to the Xfinity-certified MB8611 modem, which even has the Xfinity branding on its package. It's quite frustrating and feels like a joke.

I kindly request Xfinity's guidance and assistance in resolving this issue.

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_3c84b7 I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with your services. Can you create your own post detailing your concerns, so we can assist further?

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here