domoore546's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Mon, May 4, 2020 3:00 PM

Modems Keep Dying

HI, I've had THREE modems die since February.  I had a Surfboard, so I got a new (and supported) Netgear.  That Netgear lasted till last week.  I just purchased another Netgear (again supported) and had it activated last Saturday PM.  This morning the Internet was DEAD.  I went to Best Buy and got another (again supported) Netgear Router.  Can ANYONE tell me why the modems are dying?  The Surfboard Modem was top of the line a year and a half ago.  I used to get 220+mbps on the Surfboard AND Netgear.  Last Saturday PM (5-2-2020) it started out at 120 mbps, and that was fine.  This morning it was not working after several re-boots.  Now it's working this afternoon, but albiet 12 to 20 mbps.  Again, can anyone help me with this??  Thank you in advance for any help.  

Responses

EG

Expert

• 

87.1K Messages

1 y ago

That sounds more like a line / connection quality problem than those modems all dying.

What do the modem's signal stats look like ? Try getting them here; http://192.168.100.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

New to the Community?

Start Here