kp211's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, December 14th, 2020 12:00 AM

Closed

Modem Restarting same time every night

So I have a question and I know the modem would have had to been setup this way directly by xfinity, but why in the world would anyone set my modem up so that restarts at 3am est everyday, its annoying and really inconvienant and I would really appreciate if xfinity who setup the config for it would undo the 3am everyday restart as its not necessary.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

"Resetting the cable modem due to docsDevResetNow", I did my research on this and found that this command is being sent from the isp to reset my modem, when there are no stability issues or connection speed loss at all in regards to my modem, so i'd like to request they stop restarting my modem everyday at 3am because as I said its not necessary, should only have to restart a modem once a month not everyday darn day.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Mine does the same thing and I'm a night owl and get things done with college and watch streaming devices at night and it's so annoying cause it's about 10 minutes to come back to normal 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Same here in Pennsylvania

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

3 years ago

@user_92dc0b @userpotter 

Please create new topics of your own here on this board detailing your issues. Thanks. 8-month-old dead thread now being closed.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here