geearias's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Jan 20, 2021 9:00 AM

Modem Errors - Please explain

Has anyone else seen errors on their modem? I'm receiving a lot of bad internet service today. I'm not seeing any outages and am having a hard time reaching Comcast today. I happened to check my modem log today (1/20/2021) and saw these. I'm not sure what they mean, but upon googling around, sounds like they're issues Xfinity needs to service.

• Critical - Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out
  • Critical - SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing
  • Critical - SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to receive MAC SYNC frame within time-out period
  • Critical - SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to receive MAC SYNC frame within time-out period
  • Critical - Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out

Responses

EG

Expert

• 

86.2K Messages

3 m ago

Please also post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

What is the exact make and model number of the modem ?

Is this with a WiFi connection ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here