U

Tuesday, June 18th, 2024 3:36 PM

Model: TG4482A Port #4 has failed.

Model:TG4482A
Vendor:ARRIS Group, Inc.
Hardware Revision:10
Serial Number:[Edited: "Personal Information"]
Anything plugged into Port #4 fails to connect - worked fine till today.
Swapping wired devices just caused a different computer to fail

Official Employee

• 

955 Messages

3 months ago

Hello user_kpaejz. Please try a factory reset on the modem. Here are the steps to perform this...

Advanced Features: Restart with the Admin Tool

1. Make sure you’re connected to your home network.
  2. Open a web browser, type in http://10.0.0.1 to go to the Admin Tool, and sign in. The Username and Password is not the same as your WiFi name and password. If you haven’t changed your Admin Tool login, the default settings are:
    • Username: admin
    • Password: password (case sensitive)
  3. Once signed in, navigate to Troubleshooting > Reset/Restore Gateway. From here, you have five reset options:
    • RESET - Restarts the Gateway the same as unplugging and plugging it back in.
    • RESET WIFI MODULE - Turns off your Gateway's WiFi radio and then turns it back on.
    • RESET WIFI ROUTER - This is the same as rebooting a wireless router attached to a cable modem.
    • RESTORE WIFI SETTINGS - This completely restores your WiFi settings (e.g., SSID/WiFi network name, WiFi password) on your Wireless Gateway to the factory default values. This results in being disconnected from your WiFi network, and you will have to reconnect all clients with the default network name (SSID) and password.
    • RESTORE FACTORY SETTINGS - This option (same as pressing the Factory Reset button on the device) completely restores your Wireless Gateway settings back to their factory default values, including firewall settings, managed devices, parental controls, WiFi credentials, etc. The RESTORE FACTORY SETTINGS option will temporarily disconnect you from the network. If prompted, customize the WiFi name and password and reconnect devices to your home network using these credentials.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

28 days ago

I have the TG4492, and my Port 4 just failed.  I thought it was another piece of equipment, however I swapped ports and can not get any connection out of it.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here