U

Tuesday, May 21st, 2024 12:00 AM

MOCA

How do I check if my xfinity router has MoCA enabled? Not able to login to router settings - keeps saying incorrect username/password.

Expert

• 

104.1K Messages

25 days ago

The default username is admin and the default password is password unless you changed something ?

3 Messages

Thanks, this worked. I had changed it on my earlier modem, but got an updated model later which had the default settings.

Official Employee

• 

988 Messages

user_javc1e, Glad to hear that you got taken care of. Did you have any other concerns or questions we could assist you with before closing out the post?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

I do. How do I 'activate' a coax outlet different from the one my xfinity gateway is currently plugged to? I am trying to find a different location for my gateway for better whole-house coverage and it seems only the current location is 'active'.

Official Employee

• 

635 Messages

24 days ago

user_javc1e To enable MOCA on your device go to the gateway login (10.0.0.1).

Default login info is:
Username: admin (all lowercase)
Password: password

Once in you will find the drop down on the left of the screen that labeled “Connections”.

Click the drop down->click MOCA-> right side of screen click “Enable”-> Save changes. Let me know if this works. 

Official Employee

• 

635 Messages

24 days ago

user_javc1e My team can definitely help you look into getting a new coax outlet activated. To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a Direct Message. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here