Littleolady's profile

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

Wednesday, February 9th, 2022 9:48 PM

Closed

MoCA on Xfinity

I have three Hitron MoCA adapters.  I have MoCA enabled on my Xfinity modem.  I can get two of the adapters to hook up and they work perfectly but am unable to get the third connected.  If I exchange the one that does not work with one of the others, it then works.  Does Xfinity limit the number of MoCA adapters allowed on a home network?  Why can't I get a third MoCA adapter to work?  I am hooking them up through the Xfinity provided cable boxes to TV's.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

3 years ago

Hi Littleolady, thanks for reaching out to us here with this concern. We are happy to help you with getting your equipment conencted with the Moca network. To better unserstand your problem can you tell me if you get an error message while trying to conenect the third device? 

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks for the reply.   There is no error message.  The TVs continue to work and the blue light that signifies an internet connection on the MoCA adapter flashes on then goes off.  On all other adapters that blue light stays on and the internet is then available for me to direct wherever I want.  As I said earlier, I have three adapters but can only get two of them to work.  I have changed them all around but no matter where I put them, only two will work at one time.  I might also mention that there are two Xfinity TV boxes that none of them will work with - that could be the problem.   I just don't know how to make them work on an Xfinity TV box that will not allow it.  All three adapters work fine on the other Xfinity TV boxes - just not on two of them, the ones I need.  I have already tried rebooting the Xfinity TV boxes that do not allow MoCAA and the main Xfinity modem.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.9K Messages

Let's do a little more research into your account alongside how we can help out. Can you send us a private message with your full name and full service address? To send the requested information:
  • Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon 
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support"
      there. As you are typing a drop-down list appears.
  • Select "Xfinity Support" from that list. An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

Did all of the above and have heard nothing since?  What else do you need?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here