bussterjc's profile

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, September 10th, 2020 2:00 PM

Closed

MoCA Help with X1 TV functionality & Internet

Hey all, pictured is my home network topolgy.  I recently purchased a pair of Actiontec MoCA adapters to get Ethernet from the gateway located on the downstairs to the network closet on the second floor, through the only wiring present - the single coax conductor.  When I have it hooked up in this fashion, the wired Ethernet network works okay (kind of - more below), but the two satellite X1 boxes in Upstairs 1 and Upstairs 2 do not work.  Upstairs 3 works with no issue.  I toggled the setting in the gateway to allow for MoCA, but that doesn't work.  Also, when this is operating, about every 30 minutes, for about 3 or 4 minutes, all Internet access stops (including the wireless network).  Because of these two issues, I put everything back to the way it was before I started.

I'd certainly appreciate any insight or tips that anyone has.  Thanks!

HomeNetwork2.PNG

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

What boxes do you actually have? Upstairs 1,2 and 3 do no good, we’ve never been to your house

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

I had posted a pic of the equipment in each room.  Those rooms (Upstairs 1, 2) have the Pace Xi3 that do not work.  The room that does work, Upstairs 3 has an older RNG150N (I think).

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here