Y

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, June 2nd, 2023 12:01 AM

Closed

Major packet loss

First lets start with I have reset and restarted my modem/router a hundred times. I have replaced every single piece of equipment on my end including my motherboard. It is not on my end. 

Every 10-15 minutes my internet connection dies and then restarts in about 10 seconds. I reset and manually entered a DNS without any help. I also reset my TCP settings, with no help. Finally I downloaded a ping/packet loss monitoring software and when my internet dies, I get 100 percent packet loss. I have read another forrum post where it was a bad Xfinity server that was causing the issues, and that is what I'm thinking, because there is simply no way that it is on my end. The only thing that in unique about my setup is that the Xfinity rep who installed my internet needed to use a amp to boost the signal. So please can someone help.    

I have screenshots showing the packet loss. 

Contributor

• 

72 Messages

1 year ago

Which modem, router, or combo modem router do you have?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@NoGoodNamesLeft4Me​ 

Netgear Cax80 Nighthawk. But iv tried 2 others with the same results 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hello, @yippikiyay304. Thanks for posting on our community forums. I'm sorry to hear about the packet loss. Are you experiencing the same issue across all of your devices? Or just a particular one? How are you connecting to the internet when this happens (Wi-Fi or Ethernet)? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here