U

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Tuesday, July 23rd, 2024 8:35 PM

Mac laptop connects to WiFi but no internet connection

Got a new Mac Pro.  Replaced one that connected to same WiFi with no issues.  New laptop connects to WiFi but get message you are not connected to the internet.  Have read many ways to resolve issue and nothing has worked.  

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 month ago

Hi there, @user_98bb33 I'm very sorry for the trouble you are experiencing trying to connect your Mac Pro. I definitely understand how frustrating this is for you. Since it's been a few days since you last posted are you still having trouble connecting your Mac Pro?-Richard

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Yes.  Still can’t get it connected 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_98bb33 - This article should help - Connect to Xfinity WiFi on your Mac OS X laptop.
Can you walk me through the steps you're taking and where you're running into an issue?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

This did not work.  My system does not have the same set up as what is in the link.  There isn’t a network preference area.  The screens are not the same.   Y laptop is new and updated.  Perhaps this isn’t updated.  Can you please send additional steps to try.   Thanks 

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

I’m connected to my home network but I do not have screens in items 5 and 6 in the link you sent.   

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Were you able to successfully connect to your home network, user_98bb33

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here