Lose Internet access multiple times a day for about 10 minutes each time. Affects all devices in house.
For about a month now I've had issues with my service. Multiple times a day, I have issues with all of my devices simultaneously. Symptoms include:
* No connection to Internet. Sometimes the network icon on my computer screen indicates a connection, but web pages won't load and I get a no internet message screen instead.
* TV screen goes black if watching DVR.
* Unable to change channels or access Xfinity menu if watching live TV. I typically get a lost Internet connection message when I try.
* TV/DVR issues affect all TVs, each with its own set-top box and dedicated input cable line
* Sometimes, no dial tone on phone or a fast busy signal and other times I still have a dial tone. But if the issue occurs in the middle of a phone conversation, other party cannot hear me, but I can still hear them.
After about 10 minutes or so, the problems all resolve themselves. My line from the Xfinity box on the street comes into a junction box Xfinity installed on the side of my house. Three lines come from the junction box, resulting in a dedicated line to each TV and a shared line to the modem and a third TV. I use an ethernet connection from my computer. Because the problem affects all three lines, I don't think that it is a loose connection issue. The on-line diagnostics on the Xfinity site show no network problems when all is well. Of course, when I do have the problem, I can't run the diagnostics. I suspect an intermittent signal issue upstream from the junction box. Is it possible that an issue with one of the 3 lines downstream from the box could simultaneously cause problems with the other 2 lines? If so, how can I troubleshoot. If not, any ideas on how to troubleshoot that?