EdgarG's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Saturday, May 16th, 2020 10:00 AM

Closed

Login to Arris TG1682G router

I need to login to my router to do some configuration, but I don't know the username or password for the router. Of course I know the username and password of my Wifi, and of my xfinity account, but these are not the same as the router login. The TG1682G manual says that the the default username and password are "admin", and "password", but that doesn't work. In another place, the manual says that the router password may be printed on the bottom of the box, but I don't see any passwords on the box except the default WiFI password. Can someome help?

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

Then you'll need to hard reset the device to factory defaults by pressing and holding in the recessed reset button on the rear for 30 seconds. Then the defaults of admin and password will work. You will lose any customized settings, and they will need to be re-configured from scratch.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

And if that doesn't work? I already know the default login information that's available but that information does not work. I've held the reset button for 30 seconds, and waited for it to reset, and still nothing. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Just tried it again for the tenth time and got in. Weird. 

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

3 years ago

8 month old dead thread now being closed.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here