asgweb's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Friday, June 26th, 2020 7:00 PM

Closed

logging on to xfinity public wifi

sitting in a restaurant. find the xfinity wifi on my device menu. asks for username and password.

what do i use??? it's not accepting my xfinity u and p.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

@jav6joev wrote:

It could also be a nearby residence with an Xfinity gateway that has been secured and still has a default network name.

FWIW. If it were, the default SSID would be HOME-xxxx-2.4 and / or HOME-xxxx-5.0

x = various numbers and letters

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

4 years ago

@asgweb wrote:

sitting in a restaurant. find the xfinity wifi on my device menu. asks for username and password.

what do i use??? it's not accepting my xfinity u and p.

Ask the server/restaurant manager if they have WiFi access.  It could be they haven't changed the network name and secured it with their own username/password and it is not a public XfinityWifi hotspot.   It could also be a nearby residence with an Xfinity gateway that has been secured and still has a default network name.  What was the exact network name being broadcast?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.8K Messages

4 years ago

There are 2 Xinfity WiFi SSID's. "xfinitywifi" is unencrypted. "XFINITY" is an encrypted one that requires the Xfinity WiFi app "Hotspots" be installed as it includes a security certificate. On Android, I've never gotten XFNITY Wifi to work right. The regular xfinitiwifi works fine.

Your primary Comcast email and password should do, unless you are on some low-end packages where WiFi access may not be accessible.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here