mperakes's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Saturday, June 27th, 2020 8:00 AM

Closed

Link Aggregation, SB8200

I recently upgraded my router - is a Netgear Orbi WiFi 6, AX4200 that supports WAN aggregation if I can get a 2nd IP address to enable link aggregation on my SB8200 modem. I've read other threads that seem to indicate Xfinity's ability and willingness to assign a 2nd IP address. Could someone assist me with this request? I know the steps to enable link aggregation on the SB8200 and the new router, I just need help with the 2nd IP address. Thank you!

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

I don't know what happened to my earlier post here, but for the record, I had stated that getting a second public / WAN IP address assigned was not necessary for LAG / LACP to be able to function.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Are you saying that if I enable LAG on on my modem and configure my router's internet settings properly, I'll increase my bandwidth in/out?

I've tried this in the past, and my overall performance was actually degraded.
I didn't *think* the 2nd port on my router was active unless it had its own, separate public IP address. I must have misunderstood. Thanks!

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Above: I meant to say the 2nd port on my **modem**, not router.

I've enabled LAG in the modem's settings, connected both CAT-6 cables, and enabled WAN aggregation on the router.
It now reads "Status: WAN aggregation is active."

Am I all set?

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you for your help and clarification. I think I've managed to achieve what I had hoped - my download speeds have increased slightly - from a consistent 950mbps+/- to 1190mbps+/-.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

please let me know if this worked without degrading over time. what is the make/model of your router?

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

@agent-mike 

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue. Thanks.  Year old dead thread now being closed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

Quite welcome ! And yep. Around 1200 Mbps is what is to be expected with LAG enabled with the gig speed tier due to the 20% speed over-provisioning.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

After you setup link aggregation, i too was able to achieve around 1200 download speeds, but my issue is IPV6 is no longer available, just IPv4 works. Are you aware of this issue with our modem? I wonder if anyone else has noticed this.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here