E

Sunday, July 21st, 2024 6:37 AM

Less than 1mbps download

Hello, I just got service (800mbps) about 5 months ago where a tech came out and installed the box on my house and ran the coaxial. A really nice, and clean job. 

Service was solid until recently, where I noticed that it would take a long time to load just about anything. 

Ran various speed tests that all confirmed that I was getting barely any download speed. I would get single digits in my room and sometimes even less than 1mbps. The upload speeds for the most part seemed fine. When I’m standing directly in front of the router, I can get more speed, but nothing even remotely close to what it should be (I get 150mbps when it should be about 500-600). I also confirmed that when hardwired, the speeds are perfect. It is wifi that is the issue. 

Since notifying Xfinity of my issue; The first tech that came out didn’t want to get into my neighbors backyard without their permission to check the cable/utility box. 

The second tech that came out replaced my XB7 with an XB8. Everything seemed fine so he left, after about maybe 5-10 minutes the slow speeds came back again.

The third tech came out and literally said there’s nothing he can do as “everything looked fine” even though I show him my speed tests in real time doing less than 1mbps less than 30 feet from the router.

I get back on chat support and they promised me someone would contact me within the next 2 hours and no one does.

During this time they must’ve knocked down my wifi SSID as it was seemingly gone. I re configured the XB8 through the xfinity app and somehow everything was perfect, I was now getting 250-300mbps where I was getting 1mbps. However, this was short lived and last maybe 2-3 hours before going back to extremely low speeds

This is clearly beyond the scope of a standard home tech. I keep voicing my desperation for a higher tier tech or a network engineer to review my situation and all they offer is to send more techs that find nothing. 

I’m desperate for a solution. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. As mentioned, service was great for months, until this. I work from home so it’s really put a hamper on things for the past 2 weeks.

2 Messages

2 months ago

Still nothing. I’m still getting literally less than 1mbps not even 50 feet away from the gateway. I used to get 250-350 easily from the same location. No one can figure it out. I need help please.

Official Employee

• 

540 Messages

2 months ago

@Ehaks001 Our team can definitely understand how stressful and irritating it is to have issues with your internet connection, especially after multiple technician appointments. We all work from home on this end of the screen so we can completely relate to how it causes you to make arrangements that you didn't expect. If you could please send me a DM with your first and last name along with your full-service address, we can get started taking a deeper look at the speed issue. 

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 months ago

@Ehaks001 @XfinityBradM 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

3 Messages

2 months ago

You aren’t alone I’m getting slow download speeds as well as 26 of my neighbors 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here