U

Sunday, August 11th, 2024 5:10 PM

LAN ports on XB7 don't work

Hi,

I'm new to the forum. Just moved and had xfinity installed less than 2 weeks ago.

They gave me the XB7 and wifi has been working, although it's slow sometimes (frustrating, especially if you run the check in the app it just tells you it works well).

I want to connect a few devices via LAN and tried it, but non of the ports work. Tried rebooting the gateway, going back to factory settings, just connecting one device, etc. Nothing helps. I see more complaints on the forum and basically tried all suggestions that I could find, but without any luck.

Logged into the gateway and it says all ports are inactive. That doesn't change whether you connect a computer to it or not.

How do I get the LAN ports to work?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 month ago

user_xj6olb Good morning, and welcome to our Community Forums. I hope your day is starting well. I'm happy to help you get your services up and running as they should. Let's begin with your network. After you did the factory reset, did you set up your personalized home network and password? 

4 Messages

Hello,

Yes, I set up the wifi (including password), but nothing helped. I ended up going to the Xfinity store and they exchanged the XB7.

I set it up at home and it worked, all 4 ports were working.

However, that was only for about a week. I discovered yesterday one of the ports (number 4, with the orange indication) wasn't working.

And today port 1 stopped working. I'll try restarting the XB7, but based on my previous experience am not expecting much to happen.

Any thoughts???

4 Messages

Just an update...

I reset the XB7 and no change.

I also noticed that in the app, it tells me that I need to activate the equipment. Strangely enough I already did that and do have wifi under the name of the network that I gave it. So why do I need to activate it again?

And if I try to activate it, it tells me "Sorry, we're having some trouble. Please chat with an agent." If I press the "chat with agent" button, it tells me "something went wrong. try again", which only does...nothing. It asks me to log in (??), while I'm already logged into the app. And if I do log in again, it tells me to log in again. Wonderful. Nothing seems to work.

I have this internet provider less than a month and am already fed up and looking for another provider.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_xj6olb, thanks for the additional information you shared. We would certainly hate to lose you as a customer and would like the opportunity to assist. There are times when the device is not completely activated. our Xfinity app is a great option to complete the activation by continuing to follow the steps prompted. Have you been able to complete that?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106K Messages

@XfinityKassie​ 

Wondering what a WiFi network broadcast name (SSID) and password have to do with hardwired ethernet connections ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

4 Messages

@XfinityGabby​ Thanks for the reply.

I noticed that the one port (with the orange bar) has not been functioning at all. The other port sometimes works, but quite often not.

So far I haven't been able to figure out what's causing it to work.

I activated the XB7 in the app and the app showed it was activated. Later I noticed that the app shows I need to activate it. However, if I try to do it, I get stuck. (see previous message) So I can't activate it or reset it to factory settings etc.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here