kellyday's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Monday, June 22nd, 2020 7:00 PM

Closed

LAN PORTS NOT WORKING xFI ROUTER/MODEM

I have no connectivity when I connect a cat6 cable to my xFI router/modem. I have reset the modem both by using a paperclip and an online reset.  I have tried 5 different ethernet cables and have tried to connect with a cable directly to 2 different pc laptops.  I have tried with my imac also. I get no connectivity.  The only lights on my device is 1 solid white light on the top of the unit and a blinking white light where the coaxial cable connects to the modem.  My wifi is fine but I need the ethernet ports to work so I can have a good connection when in another part of my house that has been wired for ethernet.  I've spent over an hour on a chat support with xfinity that was horrible and ending with her telling me to pay a computer technician to come out and service my computers.  I waiting on hold for over 1.5 hours and had to disconnect because I ran out of time waiting. 
@ComcastJosh

This all started when I tried to connect manaully to the LAN port and couldn't connect.  I contacted support and the xfinity technician came to my house only to tell me I need a better data line coming into my house.  I explained that the wifi was ok but the ethernet port was working.  He insisted I needed a better line coming in.  So,  I had a "better" data line run to my house and still have no ethernet port connectivty.  I am paying for a gigabyte speed and get on average 100-200 mb using wifi in my office which is approximately 40 feet from the router in another room (there is a lot of house in between the router and office) and that is why I had the room wired for lan ports.  When I get closer to the router I can get 300-350 mb speed.

Can someone please provide a solution that might work? I am extremely frustrated and could use some assistance.

Thanks,

Ray

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hi Ray,

I am having the same issues with my Lan ports. Worked for a few days 2 weeks ago and now none of the LAN ports are blinking and I have 2 Ethernet cables plugged in. Did anyone reply on how to fix this problem?  
Thanks, JT

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I'm having the same / similar issue. Every couple days my internet goes out and I have to restart the gateway, and it seems like each time an ethernet port just kinda dies. I've gone around all 4 and am at the last one now, kinda worried one more go around and I won't have any working ethernet ports...

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Just got a new router and complained about the ports and now they work

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Just got a new router and after complaining the ports work

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Re: LAN PORTS NOT WORKING xFI ROUTER/MODEM
Same problem. They came out four days in a row. Five different techs. Kept trying to plug the computer into the alternate ethernet ports but would never get full speed or connection. Upload speed would be fine & latency, but download speed was trash. There is only one port that you can use for your ethernet and that is the one port orange marked wan on your router. They only do lease per modem. So I’m not sure what that means about the ethernet ports but the other three don’t work on my xFi

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Same problem. They came out four days in a row. Five different techs. Kept trying to plug the computer into the alternate ethernet ports but would never get full speed or connection. Upload speed would be fine & latency, but download speed was trash. There is only one port that you can use for your ethernet and that is the one port orange marked wan on your router. They only do lease per modem. So I’m not sure what that means about the ethernet ports but the other three don’t work on my xFi

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

same is happening to me and here we are, a year later, a no solution I can find. I'm even on a new replacement modem. tech support is useless, they wind up blaming my router since they see the ports functioning. but it's not functioning, it's as if output is being blocked. this is ridiculous and I'm literally stuck with no options to get it fixed. not a single person I spoke to (5) over the course of this ordeal has been able to offer any kind of outside the script help. I need my [Edited: "Language"] internet!

(edited)

Expert

• 

105.7K Messages

@geehod

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue (copy your post and paste it there). Thanks. Re-closing this year old dead thread that was improperly re-opened by the new forum software / platform. A known issue that is being worked on. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here