kahnfewzd's profile

Contributor

• 

227 Messages

Friday, March 25th, 2022 4:11 AM

Closed

LAN "internet" speeds under 100Mbps when they used to be near Gateway speed test levels.

I used to have blazing fast connections on my wired home devices that have gig port connections that were close to GW speeds.

However, I have noticed major slowness over this past two months.

Now when I do speed test my wired devices are getting under 100Mbps when they used to get 400-900 Mbps.

I tested connection on my home gigabit LAN using various freeware tools and my speeds are 400-900Mbps. 

My GW speed tests are over 1000Mbps.

I have reset my PC settings.  Swapped out the modem.  Swapped switches.  And no change.

Previous and new switch show the gig connection light (green s orange).  So I do not think it is my old and new switches.

So far my internet searches are turning up nothing.

I have two Win 10 PCs,  one Win 11, Xbox Series X and PS5 and they all get 80-97 Mbps!!!

I am at a loss.  Not sure what else to check.

I search the forums and see similar reported issues, but they are from old posts or posts with no updates.

Everyone I spoke to at Comcast via chat, phone, and at the store say the company does not throttle devices.

Yet this seems quite suspect :(

My wifi devices as of now seem fine and get better speeds even on the 2.4 band.

If I find something I will update my post.

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

227 Messages

3 years ago

So.  I unplugged all the cables and moved them around on my main switch.  And the speed tests are back to where they were.  Hmmm...  Strange that the LAN tests I did that cross through that switch were fine. Maybe one of the ports was locked at 100Mbps even thought it was green and not orange.  I hate things like this.  No sense.  Just try this and that until you get it working.  Drives you batty where there is no apparent reason.  

Problem Solver

• 

513 Messages

Hi there. Thanks for the response on the issue. I believe the issue may have been port prioritization was incorrect depending on where the cable going to the gateway was connected in. I am glad that you were able to resolve the issue. If you do need anything else, please don't hesitate to create a new post. We truly do appreciate you using our Forums. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here