Spre123's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

Tue, Jan 5, 2021 7:00 PM

Just upgraded to gig... not very excited or happy.

got the xb7 in the mail today, had upgraded over the weekend.

previolsy had 200/10 which ran great but needed more uploada(and actaully my upload speed was a consistant 12 since the service was activated originally.

only our tablets run wifi, i run 2 gigait switches that rum the ethernet to each side of the house just for a solid signal.

after installing the xb7 my upload has dropped like a rock, from 12 to 5, on all devices including the pc thats lets then 3 foot from the xb7, instead of raising to 35, not to concerned about the download even though its only 640 to 715 on all connected devices.

Just for reference.

coax drop from pole is fairly new installed 2019 after a delivery truck used my drive to turn around and tore it from the pole, started seeing speed decrease after so a new tech cam out and put in new coax from basement to modem and new splitters.

all ethernet are cat6 except for the streaming/gaming pc in the studio, it runs cat7.

main switch to the rear of the house/studio is a netgear prosafe 16 port 10/100/1000 Gigabit.

Current speeds:

Streaming pc: 715down/6up
Second pc(next to xb7) 715down/6u
Daughters: 625down/6up
asus tuf gaming laptop(r7, 16gb, 500gb NVMe, 1650 ti) 715down/5up wired, 400down/6up wifi

rig specs so you can see they meet or exceed)

Gaming/streaming pc:

msi  mpg b550 gaming edge wifi(2.5g ethernet and wifi 6)
ryzen 7 3700x
32gb ddr4
rtx 2060 super
500gb NVMe ssd

Second pc:

b450 steel legend
ryzen 5 3600
16gb ddr4
250GB NVMe ssd
gtx 1660 super

Daughters rig(doesnt meet gigspeed but doesnt need to she doesnt need 35mbps up)

gigabyte b450m
ryzen 3 3200g
16gb ddr4
rtx 2060 supe
250gb NVMe ssd

2 Attachments

Responses

EG

Expert

• 

87K Messages

5 m ago

The upstream power is on the high side. It may not be the root cause of the problem but it should be addressed regardless. 

That said, if the upstream speed has not changed, this may be a modem speed provisioning / backend data problem.

First. Try calling 1-800-comcast and ask a rep to completely remove the modem from your account and to "re-provision" it from scratch. Also ask them to confirm that the provisioning and account data in their database is correct and complete and that the correct configuration / bootfile for your subscribed to speed tier is being pushed to the modem.

Good luck !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick
Spre123

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

5 m ago

Normally I would agree. But since the sb3 was running a consistent 12mb for 2 years and it only happened when upgrading makes me disagree.

The 800 number is always a joke no help.

When I finally got through it was everything from bad modem to viruses on all pcs(yes they said viruses!)

Reached out to Comcast cares via Twitter and 10 minutes later it was fixed.

All pics are running at 700 to 850 down now. And 42mb up all I currently care about is the upload. Zoom for the kids school and our streaming on 3 pics.

Strangely I didn't notice till last night as I assumed it was cat6 but the secondary pc that's next to the xb7 is on a cat5(getting that rectified) but that pc is still pulling 700mb which it shouldn't be.

But long story short the xfi app did not fully activate the xb7 according to the fella on Twitter. He sent the signal to finish activating it and bam fixed.
EG

Expert

• 

87K Messages

5 m ago

Glad you got that straightened out ! But the upstream power numbers don't lie and this should still be addressed. This may be a problem just waiting to happen... There is very little wiggle room to allow for the typical signal fluctuations. This will especially be a problem in the Summer season when the outdoor temperatures rise. So will the upstream power level.

Good luck !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here