Issues with loading Google services
Hi, I am having problems with Google services such as Gmail and YouTube being extremely slow to load on my network. I have Xfinity Gigabit 1000/35 speeds to the home and my primary computer usually hits 400+ down/40+ up so speed should not be a factor in this problem even though I'd prefer to have it closer to 1000 down since that's what I'm paying for. Regardless, any device on my home network (ethernet or wireless) often has problems loading these Google services at a normal speed. It should only take 5 seconds or so to load the page, but it usually takes me upwards of 45 seconds before I can see my inbox or YouTube thumbnails appear. I have similar issues on a few other sites, but most work just fine. Like I said, I experience this same issue on my phone, and other family members also complain about this.
We are using the XB6 modem/router and a Netgear AC2100 as an access point to get more ethernet ports.
Here's what I've tried:
- Rebooting the XB6
- Resetting the XB6
- Disabling the AC2100 (so I can only connect directly to the XB6)
- Resetting browsers (primarily Chrome)
- Disabling any extensions or other programs that might interfere with the internet access on the device
- Having an Xfinity tech come to the house to inspect the cabling/gateway
- He said everything was running completely normally and nothing on their end
- Months of troubleshooting at this point...
What's my next step? What do people recommend trying?