L

Friday, March 15th, 2024 9:04 AM

Closed

Is there MoCA to Ethernet adapter

I'm trying to connect my Kids computers to ethernet but they are on a different floor.  Since the x8 box is set to moCA on then I should be able to connect internet to all the other cable outlets.  Do I need a special moca to rj45 adapter box, or will a simple coax<>RJ45 Coupler work to get ethernet to my laptops?

Expert

• 

106.7K Messages

7 months ago

You need a MoCA adapter at every outlet / room that you intend to use. Any splitters need to be MoCA compliant as well. And you need a MoCA PoE (Point of Entry) filter on the input port of the first splitter off of the street drop (if there isn't one already) to keep the signal in your premises and to keep the neighbor's signals out.

https://www.google.com/search?q=moca+network 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

7 months ago

@Legiten87 Thank you for contacting us through the Xfinity Community Forum. I've reviewed the helpful details provided by EG, one of our esteemed experts on the forum. If you have any questions or require further clarification about the information provided, please feel free to ask. Our team is here to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here