U

Thursday, July 11th, 2024 2:50 PM

IPv6 Prefix Issue

When service was initially setup, I disabled IPv6. Now that I have time to play with it, I enabled it and found what appears to be a routing issue for my delegated prefix.

When I traceroute from a test IPv6 enabled Linode to the external IPv6 address assigned to my router, it works.

When I traceroute to an address within my delegated prefix (listed on the Xfinity modem admin page), packet captures show the traffic does not make it to my router and the last address displayed by traceroute does not match my IPv6 router address, maybe suggesting a routing mismatch?

Any pointers appreciated, thanks

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

2 months ago

@user_7ewren Thanks for reaching out. Please send me a Direct Message with your name and service address so that I can fully dive into this for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 months ago

@user_7ewren @XfinityDena 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here