F

Monday, August 21st, 2023 1:41 PM

Closed

iPhones not connecting to our Xfinity Home Network Anymore

I have been unable for the past two days to connect to our Xfinity Home Wi-Fi with our two iPhones. I have a iPhone Xr and my wife has a iPhone 14 Pro Max. Her 2021 MacBook Pro and my 2016 MacBook Air connect fine along with our iMac, Alexa smart speakers, all of our Blink cameras, Blink doorbell, our Insignia Amazon Smart TV’s, all of our smart lightbulbs, smart fans, the list goes on. The issue is that in order to control a lot of the lightbulbs and edit the cameras and doorbell the phones need to be on the same Wi-Fi. My wife has a brand new Jeep and her phone even has an issue connecting to the Wi-Fi in there, but mine doesn’t, so we know it’s the phones, but it’s not all Wi-Fi networks.  When it was a saved network it would just say unable to connect, we forgot the network and on them it mentioned the privacy relay, we turned that off, still nothing. We’ve reset the modem, soft reset the phones, we don’t use a VPN either. She worked for Sprint/T-Mobile for 4 years through college and now a tech company so every troubleshooting that can be done has been, and she’s stumped so that’s never good when she can’t figure it out. The end result will be to call Xfinity, but we know it’s not the modem as everything minus the two phones connect. Has anyone had this issue, or know how to fix it? All the apple devices are on the latest software as well. 

Problem Solver

• 

1.5K Messages

1 year ago

One really funny thing the iPhones like to do if you're not watching them closely when entering a password?  They like to capitalize the first letter in a dialogue box if you are using a lower case letter for the first character.

Forget the WiFi network and try to enter it again, but watch the letters go in closely.  That one had me going one time.....Something to try anyway.

The phone itself shouldn't really care about the WiFi standard, especially the pro-14.  It should be pretty flexible.   

@flatlander3​ 

i feel so dumb haha! we changed our wi-fi password and reconnected everything and the phones connected no problem, you were more than likely right that the phone was either autocorrecting something it shouldn’t have been or we forgot to capitalize the first letter as we have auto caps turned off, thank you! :)

Problem Solver

• 

1.5K Messages

@financiallyunstablejeepowner​  Oh, I wouldn't feel bad about that one yourself at all.  I've seen architect level software devs stumble over that one too and I've done it myself. 

You can globally disable that function in your keyboard settings (autocaps), but then, you disable that everywhere which isn't all that great. (*sigh*).  Also, a major update will change it back, and by then you will have forgotten all about it, so you'll be right back here again scratching your head, so it's probably best to just deal with it and keep it current in instant brain recall so you can tell others when they hit it.....and they will.   :) 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here