T

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, May 18th, 2023 5:43 PM

Closed

IP address blocked by SORBS database, Spamhaus, and UCE protect

I am testing my website and my emails to my own company email are not getting sent due to a blocked IP address - I looked up my IP and it appears that my IP is blocked in 3 places: SORBS, Spamhaus, and UCE protect. Can you help by delisting the IP address or assigning a new IP address?

I attempted to delist my IP address ([Edited: "Personal Information"]) from the http://www.sorbs.net/ blocklist and it told me that an administrator of my ISP needs to change the entry from listed and immutable.

[Table Removed: "Personal Information"]

You have immutable entries, changing an immutable entry is not possible via this interface. An administrator of your ISP is needed to change the entry (even SORBS staff cannot help!)

Separately, the IP Address is listed by spamhaus.org as well: https://check.spamhaus.org/listed/?searchterm=

It is also being listed here: https://www.uceprotect.net/en/rblcheck.php

Who is responsible for this listing?
YOU ARE NOT!. Your IP [Edited: "Personal Information"] was NOT directly involved in abuse, but has a bad neighborhood. Other customers within this range did not care about their security and got hacked, started spamming, or were even attacking others, while your provider has possibly not even noticed that there is a serious problem.
We are sorry for you, but you have chosen an provider not acting fast enough on abusers.

Therefore we recommend:
Please send a complaint to your provider and request they fix this problem immediatly.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

26K Messages

1 year ago

... I looked up my IP and it appears that my IP is blocked in 3 places: SORBS, Spamhaus, and UCE protect. ...

If you are a residential Comcast customer and asking about your public IP, you can't remove it from the Spamhaus Policy BlockList ("PBL") or the SORBS DUHL. All residential IPs are dynamic and are, or should be, on the Spamhaus and a bunch of other policy blocklists.

A blocklist entry doesn't mean you can't send email, it only means you can't operate an email server on your residential Comcast Internet service.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

1.5K Messages

1 year ago

Is it a Static IP address on a business account or a dynamic in a consumer dhcp pool?  There's a difference with "Policy Block Lists" and mail servers running on consumer pool accounts, even if you can get comcast to unblock port 25 for you.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Thank you. It appears I will need to upgrade to a business account with a static IP. I think the issue might also be with the Sendgrid IP address.

Thanks, everyone.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

26K Messages

1 year ago

... I think the issue might also be with the Sendgrid IP address. ...

All addresses in the 174.61.*.* range are Comcast IPs.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here