DlarryK's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, July 20th, 2024 3:02 PM

IOS Connectivity Issues with Xfi Gen1 Pods

Over the last week or so iPads running current iOS (17.5.1) are having significant connectivity issues, almost exclusively thorough the gen 1 pods.  Non IOS devices are fine - can stream through Samsung TVs fine while iPad 5 feet away can’t.  Troubleshooting the device through the Xfinity app always shows strong connection, but apps don’t work (mostly time out or say no internet connection); web pages don’t load and no apps can stream.   Disabling/re-enabling WiFi will sometimes help, but mostly only when device connects directly to the gateway,   Forgetting the device on Xfinity app has not helped, nor has forgetting the home WiFi.   The gateway is in the basement so when on the 2nd floor, connecting to the gateway is problematic.   All upstairs pods have been deleted and reinstalled.  This is a new issue and I’m wondering if it’s unique to my network or if others are experiencing similar issues.   

Official Employee

• 

826 Messages

3 months ago

Good Morning, DlarryK! Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to us here on Xfinity Forums. I really appreciate you sharing all the troubleshooting steps and details you have completed. I would like to dive into the details with you further and troubleshooting further. Can you please send us a DM to get started?

Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
~~~~
To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

3 months ago

@DlarryK @XfinityAdrienne 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here