U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, May 23rd, 2024 2:30 PM

Invalid MTU 9192

Same as a previous user almost a year ago.

Comcast "upgraded" my area several times over the last few months and then reprovisioned my modem last night about 6PM.  Since then, my IAX VOIP packets are not working and I am getting "Invalid MTU 9192" errors on the Comcast port of my router.    I'm pretty sure it has to do with the reprovision.    

I do not see and "direct message"  or "peer to peer" selections on this page as referenced in the earlier messages, and I doubt that I will get anyone who knows how to fix this issue if I call support.

How do I reach someone qualified to address this>

2 Messages

23 days ago

My router logs are flooded by mtu 9192 error. 
I think it has something to do with jumbo frames.

no clue who to call to stop it 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

23 days ago

I did call support and got a pretty good agent. She tried and tried and could not find a way to escalate this to the network engineering team.   She asked her supervisor who did not know either, but was going to research how to do this.  The issue is clearly with the upstream network and nothing local to me.

2 Messages

I disabled ipv6 on my mikrotik router and no longer logging invalid MTUs

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Yes, but that just hides the problem. The problem is they're misconfigured network.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hi there @user_f001be, I am sorry to hear you are having troubles with your service. You are in the right place and we are happy to assist you today. Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here