U

Sunday, September 1st, 2024 6:31 AM

Internet/Wifi Keeps Dropping

Every night from 10pm - 12am will just randomly drop and go out usually several times and will last anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes . Nothing I do on the app helps and xfinity assistant is useless. All devices in the house disconnect and I cant access any websites. Is there a reason it does this. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

13 days ago

@user_9ma2d0 We appreciate you letting us know about your modem resets here on our Xfinity Communities page. We understand, although those resets are not long they are still frustrating. We do our best to choose times that would be the least impactful to you. If I may ask, are you experiencing any other times when the modem resets? Or connection issues?

2 Messages

Are you saying that I'm experiencing modem reset? I'm pretty sure that's not it. And if it is why reset my modem 5 times in an two hour window, I don't really see a lot of reason for that. Also my gateway gets too hot to touch sometimes when I go and check on it after my service goes out.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi there, @user_9ma2d0 ! Thank you so much for reaching your Digital Care team. I appreciate your patience while you waited to connect with me. I'm very sorry for the trouble you are having with your service, it definitely should not be resetting 5 times in a 2-hour window. Please be assured you reached the right person to assist you. Can you please DM me your first and last name, along with your full-service address so that I can assist you further.-Richard

To send a direct message [private message]:

•   Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •   Click the "Direct Message" icon
  •   Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •   - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •   - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •   Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

105.9K Messages

13 days ago

@user_9ma2d0 @XfinityRaul 

FWIW. They don't do planned maintenance / network upgrades as early as 10:00 PM. Their window is more like 3:00 to 5:00 AM.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here