U

Sunday, July 28th, 2024 9:26 PM

internet stutter choppy

I am having problems with internet service quality.  This occurs on multiple devices (TV, iPhone, iPad, Microsoft PC).  Any streaming video will have stops and restarts, buffer reloads, dropped connections.  Simple web page use has occasional non-response errors.  Streaming services include ROKU, Peacock, YouTube, Xfinity, MLB, using either ethernet or wifi connection.  I Have gone through all the checks following the online scripting, and all hardware checks out okay everything has had full power on-off cycles, all drivers are current.  I have Xfinity digital service and gigabit internet.  This is very disappointing!

There was storm damage in my neighborhood several weeks ago, and this has been particularly bad since then.  

I am a retired license Professional Engineer, including a grad degree in IT, and considerable experience in design and application of ethernet-based embedded systems.

I have tried everything I can to get a response from Xfinity, but these problems don't fit any of their automated scripts.  Is there anyone who can look into the poor quality of service and advise me on how or when it can be improved?

Jon

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 months ago

5 Messages

Yes, all of that has checked out well during my testing and by xfinity's checks, before I posted.  The event log shows restoration of service on 6/29/24, following an outage due to storm damage in the area.  All the lower levels of the communication stack appear to be functioning well.

5 Messages

2 months ago

Sunday evening was poor, but Monday morning is pathetic on any streaming service or device. Cable tv is okay, so we could watch Olympic highlights on E! channel. But most Peacock channels are unwatchable, with very frequent buffer reloads and stutters. Other streaming channels are also extremely poor. Various apps, various devices have consistent issues on anything internet.

5 Messages

2 months ago

I have sent a DM as suggested on another thread, but have not yet received any reply.

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 months ago

If there is nothing more that can be done to improve the connection quality, then you'll need a tech visit as stated. 

Bear in mind that if the premises facing techs can not find or fix a problem at your home, it is they who are responsible for escalating it up to their line / network / maintenance dept. techs. The problem may lie beyond your home in the local neighborhood infrastructure somewhere but it is their S.O.P. to start at the home. And if the problem is found to be on their side of the demarcation point, there will not be any charge.

Good luck !

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 months ago

5 Messages

2 months ago

Thanks for the info.  I guess I need to wait for an official xfinity person to DM me.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hi @user_fg0t69 Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your what is going on with your internet. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you and schedule a technician. I have read the forums thread and the awesome advice that @EG has provided. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message":
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 months ago

You can book a tech visit by calling into customer service or through their Xfinity phone app.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here