U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Sep 22, 2022 6:15 PM

Internet Speeds Not What I'm Paying For

Hello, I've been working from home again more recently and it seems that my internet speed it not what it should be. I have the Blast!300 plan, up to 300mbps speed, but when I test I top out around 70mbps. I thought maybe it was my modem/router combo, which was an Arris SBG6900, so I went out and purchased a Netgear Nighthawk CM1000v2. Way overkill for my plan, I know, but if I could increase speeds I would be happy....same result. I am literally plugged into the the modem directly and still tops out around 70mbps. 

Just need some help on what I can do to get the speed out of my plan that I pay for. Appreciate any comments. Thanks

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 months ago

I am afraid you will never get to the speed you are paying for. At first, I got the 1 Gig plan but my speed was always around 500 Mbps even though I used only 1 device connected via wire. I then thought that perhaps the line could only handle 500 Mpbs at max; so I downgraded to the 900 Mbps plan to test out. My speed then dropped to around 400 Mbps range. 

The only answer to this problem is that the main cable line in your area is not capable to deliver the full speed to your house. Unless Comcast is willing to replace the entire wiring underground, your problem will likely remain.

Official Employee

• 

289 Messages

2 months ago

@User_217   

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

zip21222

Contributor

• 

134 Messages

2 months ago

Ethernet comes in multiple speeds; 10mbps, 100mbps, 1000mbps, 2500mbps, and even higher.

70mbps is almost exactly what I'd expect to see if your computer is using an older 'fast ethernet' (100mbps) adapter.

Can you confirm what speed your computer's ethernet adapter is rated for?

HTH

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here