U

Monday, August 26th, 2024 8:03 PM

Internet speed

I got 800 Mbps internet package for years and I was happy with that speed, and every time I checked my speed, I got around 750Mbps.

But recently I switched to 1200 Mbps package because of my work and the price. I expected to get the speed above 1000 Mbps, but I got only 500Mbps to 700Mbps. They changed out the modem, and I also purchased a Gigabyte Ethernet Adapter, and ethernet cable but I still did not get to 1000Mbps. Did Comcast cheat the customer?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

22 days ago

Good afternoon @user_w6px4n, and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums with your speed issues, we appreciate your time and assure you that you've reached the right team to help troubleshoot your concerns. We definitely never want any of our customers to feel cheated and are sorry to hear that your speeds have dropped since you upgraded your service to Gig Extra. Let's run through some troubleshooting steps and if needed, we can get one of our expert technicians out to further investigate. We want to do everything we can to resolve your speed concerns. 

I see that you stated you tried testing your speeds via ethernet and still did not get to 1000Mbps, may I ask what speeds you are currently receiving? Are you experiencing slow speeds across multiple devices? May I ask if you have tried any other troubleshooting steps such as power cycling your modem? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here