U

Sunday, July 14th, 2024 2:30 AM

Internet speed

So I have the 1.2gb internet speed and when I run a speed test through my owned Asus AX82U router, I get 800+ mbps. When I run a speed test on my ps5, Xbox or streaming box I barely get 40mbps of download speed. My devices are cabled via cat6e to the router and my modem Arris S33 is also owned and less than a year old. I believe the router is 3 years old. What am I missing here? This wasn’t the case months ago when I last ran a speed test. I’m not too tech familiar but I’ll try to keep up. Thanks 

3 Messages

2 months ago

This test is from the router. 

3 Messages

@user_xdkp5d​ just giving an update…I ended up resetting my router to factory and restating the configuration all over again. By doing this, I know get speeds of I’ve 1gbps on both my gaming console and over 830mbps on my streaming device. It’s been 5 days and speeds are still consistent therefore will be monitoring for the next few days. At that point it’ll be fixed or I just need to replace my router. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 months ago

Hey @user_xdkp5d, Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the Internet speed on your game consoles. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you.

Game consoles have typically run significantly slower performing speed test than devices such as computers and mobile devices. Personally, I never get anywhere close to my maximum speeds when downloading games and updates. With the other speed test results you received, it does appear the home is getting fast and reliable Xfinity Internet services. 

I would recommend looking at other forums and reach out to the manufacturers of the game consoles to see if they have any tips and tricks to help your game consoles get a faster connection speed.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here