U

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

Friday, December 9th, 2022 9:53 PM

Closed

internet speed

Received an email on Oct. 25, 2022, stating my internet speed raised from up to 600 mbps to up to 800 mbps.  I have restarted the modem several times, tried to chat with the auto thing and keep using the xfinity speed test and it's not even close to my old speed let alone the supposed new speed.  Why send an email that promises something that never happens and hinders what was?

Official Solution

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

2 years ago

Hello @user_9c0645. I appreciate you for taking the time to chat with us, so we could help. I'm happy to know that the speed issues you were experiencing were because the devices were connected over Wi-Fi, and we can't guarantee the same speeds with Wi-Fi connected devices, as you would receive when connected via Ethernet cable. You can find tips on how to improve WiFi network performance here.

Now that we have confirmed you're receiving well over the speeds you're paying for, we'll close this thread as resolved. If you run into any issues in the future, don't hesitate to open a new post, and we'd be happy to help! Take care! 

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

2 years ago

Hey there, @user_9c0645. Thanks for reaching out about the speed tier not coming through as it should. We are excited to upgrade all of our speed tiers and definitely want that working for you. What speed are you seeing come through on your end? Are you testing with a wired connection or on WiFi? 

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

@XfinityRay​ 459.2 for the modem which is wired;  no ethernet to desktop, but the modem sits about three inches from desktop and it's 346.3

Problem Solver

• 

546 Messages

Thanks for your help, and the clarification, @user_9c0645

When it comes to the speeds on your home WiFi, it is more complicated than every or any device is going to get the package speed. The speed that we commit to is at the modem, meaning we want to be sure that your modem is receiving those speeds.

Let's go ahead and take a look at your account and equipment directly, OK? To get started, and to locate the account, please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address. Thanks!

To send a "Direct Message" message:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here