shipper50's profile

Contributor

• 

73 Messages

Saturday, June 15th, 2024 2:05 PM

internet speed is half what it should be

I pay for 400 mbps internet and today am getting less than 100. xfinity support ran tests and find nothing?

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

4 months ago

You are lucky.  I pay for 1000 mbps (because xifinity wants to charge way more if I get less speed)

and I only receive 50 mbps download and 14!!!! upload.   Everything keeps buffering.  Tech was 

a no show.  Calling again this week.

Contributor

• 

73 Messages

Sad that the tech was a no show. I bet it you withheld your payment that would give you trouble.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello, @shipper50 are you able to let us know if the speed you’re getting is with a wireless connection? What speed do you get directly connected to the modem with an Ethernet cable? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

4 months ago

Pretty sure they have something misconfigured either on a server or signal in general. Should find out tomorrow with my tech visit hopefully. Pretty strange that after their network upgrade everyone's upstream power is through the roof

Contributor

• 

73 Messages

I down loaded an phone app Speedtest by Okla? Ran a test with my phone and its 325mbps. I run one with the Xfinity test and its 54 mpbs? 

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

Your phone will probably show higher because it can use mobile data to help make up for a bad Wi-Fi signal. Just running a test on your computer will show what you're actually getting since it can't do that

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here