T

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Sunday, March 17th, 2024 1:28 PM

Closed

Internet Significantly Slower Than What I'm Paying For

Hello,

I'm looking to get some help with an issue I've been having. I moved to a new basement apartment last summer. After working with customer support I got my internet transferred there. However, ever since moving, I've found that my internet is nowhere near what the plan I'm paying for describes. Whenever I do tests, it is significantly slower than what's expected. Now, I like to think I'm not unreasonable. I understand that internet speeds are almost never constantly the full bandwidth at all times, especially during peak hours. And I also understand that living in a basement might also contribute to a slightly slower speed. However, I don't think the disparity I'm currently getting is due to those circumstances.

To help give an idea, I pay for up to 500 Mbps download speeds, according to my most recent bill.. Today I tested my speed. For the sake of fairness, I tested it on 8 of the top sites that Google showed me, including Xfinity. Most were in the lower range of 20. But the average of the tests was about 39 Mbps. I did this test at 7:00 AM, which for me has historically been a low usage time of day where I get my fastest speeds. Even with the previously mentioned circumstances, I doubt those could be effecting me so much that I'm getting 39/500 Mbps. The modem and router are my own, but they work fine, and can handle over 2000 Mbps. So I don't think that has anything to do with it.

My running theory has to do with when I moved. I think it's possible my internet isn't the full service because my plan believes I still live at my old apartment. When I last checked it, it still has the old address as part of my plan. Which is slightly annoying because when I moved, I worked directly with customer support to get things set up at the new place. There was an issue, however, as they couldn't seem to find my apartment unit(even though the previous tenant had Xfinity). But they seemed to have gotten my internet up, and at the time it worked(though I didn't check the speed), so I thought everything was fine. Since then, I've discovered that the apartment complex I live at has 2 addresses attached to it, with a total of 5 units that Xfinity can see.

I would like help with 2 things...

1: I would like for my plan to reflect that I live at my new place, to see if that is why the internet is messing up.

2: If that is not the issue, I would like some help figuring out what the real issue is. I remember at the last place I lived it was a wiring issue with the cables outside and they had to come out and fix it.

I have no problem with my current plan, I would just like to make sure I'm getting the speeds I am paying for. Thank you.

Official Solution

Official Employee

• 

913 Messages

7 months ago

@TheHammer145, I am so glad we were able to get things corrected with the removal of service at your previous address and beginning service with the accurate speed tier at your current location. It was fun working with you on this, and we appreciate you cooperation allowing us to ensure things are all set moving forward. If you have any questions for us in the future, please do not hesitate to create another post and reach out. We relish an opportunity to provide you the level of customer experience you deserve. Have a wonderful continuation of your weekend!

Official Employee

• 

591 Messages

7 months ago

Hey there, @TheHammer145. We can definitely understand the frustration when no receiving anything close to your plan's speed. We can definitely dive into your account and see what is going on from our end. We will continue the conversation with the DM message you've sent.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here